Pose space, pose stifness, pose damping, where are they in the latest release

I worked with ragdoll on january and got use to the the names of channels and behaviour but installed 2023.04.08 and looks there are gone or been rename to other names. Old files will have the attributes but new created ragdoll will not have them.

probably this update is been explained, but i am bit confuse with the tutorials still mention the pose and stiffness. I suppose is been rename to rotate stifness,but look ranges need to be much wider compared to old rigs

i dont see to find the pose space either

mainly i finding have a hard time to find the parameters to the chain follow more closey the animation, when i created the assign and connect i did choose advance pose attributes

Hey @luisSanJuan, sorry to hear you are struggling!

It’s true, anything “Pose” related was renamed. It wasn’t clear what “pose” meant, isn’t the translation also part of what makes a “pose”? So it was renamed to “Rotate” instead.

Next, the “space” attribute was one of the most complex attributes we made and the source of much confusion. Today, every Marker is in “Local Space” and to achieve “World Space” effects you could use a Pin Constraint.

Old files still have the old attributes to remain compatible, but moving forwards you’ll find the newer Rotate Stiffness attributes.

Related

Sorry about that, if you point me to where you found mention of this old attribute I’ll go ahead and update this, must have missed it!

Oh that’s right, these “advanced” attributes are no longer advanced, they are part of the Translate Motion attribute and can be considered “normal” thanks to this renaming.

This option should not be there, and neither should Translate Stiffness and Damping exist under Advanced Pose in the Attribute Editor.

https://github-production-user-asset-6210df.s3.amazonaws.com/2152766/242519652-c03623f7-f2bd-4d63-bf80-327880ad54b5.png

Getting such a thin, long tail to follow the animated tail is going to be a challenge. I can think of three options.

1. Thicken up that tail, and disable Self Collision on its group
  2. Reduce the number of Markers; for example, assign to every other or every 3rd joint
  3. Add a Pin Constraint to each joint, for that “Pose Space = World” effect

Let me know if that helps!

thanks for a speedy reply as always.

I mainly in the videos on the forum tutorials, i was playing the as a refresher.

https://forums.ragdolldynamics.com/t/ragdoll-in-a-nutshell-pt-1-introduction/595

I think i will go with option 1, mainly meaning we need bigger volume, so if i understand properly bigger volume the more it will follow not? , and can we do this with and attribute without having to change the mesh, like more mass, ?
and if not try the pint constraint 3

Thanks, yes there is an updated version of the intro tutorial here.

Larger and fewer shapes have an easier time to follow your animation yes.