Bugs/Questions that I have in Blender

The reason it’s moving is likely due to the arm starting outside of its limits. You can confirm by disabling all fingers, I expect the arm to still move on the start frame. You can solve it by either disabling the limit on the arm, or making sure the arm starts within the limit.

I cannot reproduce this here, would it be possible to send this file?

Once there is demand for it, sure. So far there has not been enough. If you tell us about your usecase it’s possible to add this. Vehicle suspension has been one, but there are many ways to incorporate it without translation limits.

There are no limbs on the human body with a limit of 10 or less, so my expectation is still that some are starting outside of their limits. Try setting all limits to 0. Also, ensure there are no gaps between limbs. There should not be a gap between parent and child, there should however be gaps between parent and grand-child. I don’t expect this to cause movement on the start frame, but it’s good in general.

There is rarely any reason to use “Collide with Parent”. Limbs connected in real-life should have a similar overlap to our fleshy bits.

For your hair, try and think of how this capsule would attach to a real head. At the moment, the attachment hovers above the head, this would not be possible. Try using at least 2-3 bones for each hair clump, the first one having overlap with the head like a real hair clump.

It’s possible Ragdoll only looks at geometry pre-deformation/modifiers. So try applying the modifier.

It is not, but do let me know of the usecase as we haven’t found one.

No this would not make physical sense. Objects cannot appear instantaneously and the solver has no means of understanding that. But if you let us know what you are trying to solve it’s possible I could point you in the right direction already.

Yes.

Do a search here on the forums for “fingers” and you’ll find some tips, like this one.