The fall - Ragdoll Blender

trying to recreate a shot from a movie. I’ll post the markers soon.

1 Like

Damn this is amazing, can you share your process? What struggles did you face? What tricks did you use? And yeah, those markers yum yum yum! :heart_eyes:

I’ve felt a huge difference working with the released version of the addon compared to the initial beta.
It’s now much smoother and more stable! Great work!

There’s just one minor thing I noticed: when opening a saved Blender file and playing a recorded simulation from the middle, timeline markers disappear and a few sphere-shaped markers appear at the world grid’s center.

Playing from the beginning seems to fix it, so it’s not a big deal.

I’ll provide more updates in the future. Thanks for the amazing addon :blush:

Yep, this should be fixed in the release from today, go grab it!

1 Like

Here is the ragdoll’s marker

1 Like

A great example of why capsules are often sufficient as a form of collider. :slight_smile: People always jump straight into meshes, because they want those vertex-perfect contacts. But having seen the final result first, the fact that there are penetrations are (1) not visible and (2) make the results better given that human bodies are soft and do not contact at the vertex-perfect level.

Great work :clap:

1 Like

well said! The same concept applies to collision meshes. These rugged piles of rocks are just for visual appeal; they don’t aid in the simulations. The actual shape is just a simple cube mesh. I keep all markers simple to avoid complications and achieve the desired results quickly

1 Like

Brilliant, this is exactly how I would recommend everyone works. By having your collision meshes separate like this, you can tune not just the character, but the environment too, without having to modify vertices on any render geometry.

1 Like

Working with Blender and Ragdoll on this scene was a blast! I have so many ideas to experiment with

1 Like

Excellent! :clap: Thanks for sharing, and great breakdown!