Sharknado: a tragic backstory

Hello, I made an animation!

11 Likes

Love it! :heart_eyes: Especially like the little dance at the end.

2 Likes

Hi Emi, thats so cool. Can you share how you animate with Ragdoll?

Are you doing it with keyframe and physics in realtime?

I tried doing it and I always have to go back to the first frame to see the timing and how everything works together. Thank you

Hello Vvern

I think so, are you referring to interactive mode? If so, yes, but not all the time.
I was also scrolling back to the first frame some times, but I could mostly pick up the cache from a few frames before the frame I was working on.
I’ll go through my process so you can see. Hope this helps.

I may have compressed this too much, let me know if you’d like me to reupload:)

7 Likes

Holy smokes, that’s a really cool workflow! Thanks for sharing! The interactive playback part looks really cool. :smiley:

1 Like

Whaaa realy nice :smiley:

Wowie thanks! Interactive was the most fun!

1 Like

That’s pretty frekken cool!! Great breakdown! @marcus wonder if we need a ‘bake to pin’ for editing/ preserving a part of the sim you’re liking

3 Likes

Yes, this is on my list for the next release. You’ll be able to somehow get the drag you do in Live Mode exported into a Pin Constraint. Either as you drag, or afterwards like an export of the timeline.

1 Like

This is GOLD… pure GOLD…
Great stuff !!! thanks for sharing and keep rocking !

1 Like

3 eternities later…
Decided to render this one:) :space_invader: :space_invader:

Thanks for the awesome tool!

5 Likes

Awesome. :blush: How did you… texture the shark?! Those meshes are triangle soups without UVs, I think? :thinking:

I vertex painted them in unreal, I re-uv’d the shapes but that didn’t take too long. Maybe I’ll upload a bit more of the work behind this

2 Likes