Locomotion 2.0 is out!
We’ve got a ton of new features, alongside the next iteration of Locomotion, capable of walking along paths and taking existing animation as input.
Enjoy this portfolio of work made with Ragdoll too.
A gift that never stops giving. I hope the freelance license does not disappear and I can renew my subscription in September
@Andrei_da_02 very sorry, you posted just as I was in the process of updating the forum, and and your wonderfully encouraging last post got lost!
In other news, notice the chat icon up-top.
Minor patch release. Use of multiple fields with the same solver now more predictable.
Minor patch release, addressing viewport performance issues on some graphics cards. Notice the FPS here, from 50 to 200!
Minor patch release once more, addressing two bugs.
- Changing the frame range whilst simulating broke the simulation, requiring going back to the start frame
- Entering Live Mode with
Cache = Static broke the cache
- Editing limits via the Manipulator with Symmetry would throw errors in the Script Editor. Sometimes the edits would not be applied, or they could reset the limits for some unseen reason.
- Character is kept tense during Live Mode, resulting in a loss of precision when posing.
Here’s what you should expect.
- Protect from cyclic Reparent hierarchies, e.g. parenting a parent to its child.
- Fix bug when importing NURBS meshes
- Restore ordered selection with the Manipulator
Create Missing Transform when importing into a namespace
- Fix Stiffness for animated Animated → Simulated Markers
- Fix negative magnitude on fields
- Fix Ragdoll UI to show the latest version installed
The stiffness bug was expecially tricky and may affect your work (in a positive way). It could happen when animating from
Simulated, where the first frame of your simulation was
Animated. In this specific case, the Stiffness attributes would not be read on your character during that first frame, changing the result a tiny bit. Then on the next playthrough, it would read them properly again. Making the results you see vary when you looped your animation, depending on whether you restarted playback from a
Simulated state. Subtle!
Fields should also have been supporting negative
Magnitude values but did not, this release fixed that too.
- Fix use on controls with custom rotate pivot
- Add a “Match Transform” option to Record simulation
- Fix pins in Interactive Mode
There was a subtle case of rotate pivots not working as expected, resulting in this:
This has now been fixed!
The new “match” option is for one of our customers that have implemented their own Maya transform nodes, and as such wasn’t able to use the vanilla Record Simulation option. This newly added option is slower but doesn’t require use of native transform nodes to work.
The final fix addresses the issue with Pin Constraints in Interactive Mode here: