Ragdoll 2022.06.15

The gift that keeps on giving. :blush:

We’ve now got a Mac Version along with Locomotion able to run in parallel.

Meaning you are realistically able to consider animating small crowds with Ragdoll, capable of generating the same high-quality locomotion you’ve seen for single characters, unique to whatever ground they are on and their physical properties like mass and foot limits. This is a far cry from what is capable by traditional crowd simulation software like Massive or Golaem, on-top of the existing physics simulation you can run on the resulting Locomotion!

And so, if you’re one of the rare gems with a 64-128 core machine, you can now manipulate their common terrain and see all of their locomotions update in seconds. It’s pretty cool (and will give your CPU a nice good workout too hehehehe). :partying_face:

Enjoy!

3 Likes

@marcus I did update to 2022-06-09_signed.msi and this is what happened: (Maya 2020.4 64bits)

1- SIMULATION was completely different, it went kind of crazy… (I am trying to replicate and playblast but now I can not open the file) Maya is crashing once I open the file.

My “Sentinel” File crashed and show me this warning:

Warning: Plug-in, “C:\Users\Andrei\Documents\maya\modules\Ragdoll-2022_06_16\scripts\ragdoll\vendor\cmdx_ragdoll.pyc”, is not loaded.

// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2020/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 317: Plug-in, “cmdx_ragdoll”, is already loaded. Skipped. //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2020/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 317: (cmdx_ragdoll) //

2- Workaround: I did roll back to Ragdoll-2022_05_04.msi it does work and open the file.

Additional Info:
I did try uninstalling all the versions and deleting the “modules” folders and re intalling

I will try to replicate the animation playblast and stay on Ragdoll-2022_05_04.msi in the meantime

One more thing… I don’t know what happens with the “Shape” type… it is sowing just these spheres for the clamps… ! I tried changing it but not successful!

cheers!

Moving this over from the private beta thread, in case anyone else suffers from the same problem. Thanks for reporting this @Andrei_da_02, investigating this now and aim to have a new release out with a fix shortly!

1 Like