Penetration question

Hello! I can’t understand the markers behaviour. Once I set pose space to anything other than -1 (Local to World) (hands with fingers for example), then these markers start to penetrate through other markers (legs for example) and it’s not like they completely go through, no, they just go inside other markers like several centimeters. But If I change other markers (not the ones with the 0 pose space) to kinematic then markers with world pose space act completely ok without penetration problem. Is it a bug or am I missing something?

You could turn on self collide for your markers group

Which will make all your markers in that group collide with eachother but this can sometimes cause some markers to behave strangely (for example the clavicles)

You can also control individual makers collision in the maker as well. I usually do this for the clavicles setting their marker collision setting to off

selfColOnMarker

You could also use the overlap group option per marker which is a bit more advanced though.

Hope that helps you solve your penetration issue.

Hi @aqualonix, welcome to the forums! :partying_face: Would it be possible to share a screenshot of what you are seeing, or a video? Can you list the steps you’ve taken to get to where you are, so we can try and do it here?

Here’s what it sounds like you mean, but I can’t reproduce the problem. :frowning:

collidetest2.ma (17.6 KB)

Thanks @boricuapab for helping out!

1 Like