It’s still under way, but is also a moving target. Ragdoll is still evolving fast, and the sooner we build for other DCCs, the sooner we’ll need to duplicate our work across each of them, slowing down development by a factor of each one. So it’s really in your best interest to delay this as much as possible.
Yes, this is already possible, it’s just not very obvious how to do it. Shoot me an email with your serial at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll pass on a payment link for the difference between the different pricing options. The most common one is between Ragdoll Personal ($99) and Ragdoll Freelancer ($199) for which you’d pay the difference ($100).
I actually wanted to ask the pricing question specifically about software change, once more get released. For example owners of the Maya version, will there be any discount on switching to 3ds Max? Maybe some sort of exchange program, leaving the one license behind and getting the other one?
I know you probably didn’t discuss this yet as other softwares are quite a bit in the future but maybe you can talk a bit about potential ideas.
Oh yes, sorry! I expect the price will remain the same, a single price for Ragdoll regardless of which DCC you use it with. So if you already own Ragdoll and use it with Maya, you’ll be able to download and use it for e.g. Blender too.