Oryctomus and Crab

Hello all,

Late entry, not sure if I make it. Especially now that I realize I forgot how to rig in Maya! :smiley:

I’ve been working hard at a model and wanted to try out ragdoll dynamics the moment I saw Jason’s animation on LinkedIn for the flying creature.
Don’t worry, I’ll get back into the swing of things, lovely checking out the tutorials and all the documentation!

Just want to try out basic quick motion. Like shaking the head, jostling on the feet, perhaps a small stretch. A bite at the crab and a toss! :smiley:

Thank you Ragdoll Dynamics for this opportunity and I can’t wait to get stuck in!

PS: The creature is based off a concept by Sam Santala, check it out:
https://www.deviantart.com/samsantala/art/Oryctomus-564803891

Heya @Sjuu! Welcome to the forums. :partying_face:

Cool-looking concept, looking forward to seeing it come to life. Any questions, feel free to ask. There’s still time to participate; it’s pretty low key, any result is a good result. :+1:

1 Like

@marcus , thank you! <3

My first attempts have been interesting. Both rigging and ragdoll are beyond expectations!
Got mGear in place though! tried to connect the the controllers, There are so many :smiley:

More experimentation tonight!

You’ll definitely want to assign to the underlying joints here. With an advanced rig like mGear, there will be lots of IK and Spline IK, with space switches and what not that are only visible on the underlying joints. Ragdoll can follow those if the joints are what’s assigned, then you’d retarget back onto the controls you’re interested in for recording. Some joints may be left without a target, and that’s ok.

1 Like