Only Locomotion not running

Hi everyone!

We just got Ragdoll (v2022.12.21) running at work (no internet connection), and I’m trying to get Locomotion to work. I’ve gotten Locomotion to work on my own machine, but for some reason it doesn’t work in my Work machine. Here are some observations:

• Using the latest version
  • Work Machine does not have internet connection, plug-in runs in Offline mode
  • No error in the Script Editor
  • Ragdoll Markers work well otherwise

Has anyone encountered this before?
If so, how did you fix it?
What troubleshooting techniques could I try to find out more?

Thank you!
Isai

Heya!

When you say it isn’t working, what do you see? Can you take me through the steps, e.g.

1. Create 5 boxes for 1 body and 4 feet
  2. Select body + each foot
  3. Assign Plan

Can you also check for messages in the terminal (on Linux) or Output Window (on Windows)?

Repeated steps described above. Maya didn’t give me an error.
Terminal however, gave me this:

Ragdoll: I'm being destroyed.. good bye then
Ragdoll: Successfully dropped lease.
pymel.internal.factories : WARNING : trying to remove PyNode for maya type 'rdSolverManip', but could not find an associated PyNode registered
pymel.internal.factories : WARNING : trying to remove PyNode for maya type 'rdGroupManip', but could not find an associated PyNode registered
pymel.internal.factories : WARNING : trying to remove PyNode for maya type 'rdCanvasManip', but could not find an associated PyNode registered
pymel.internal.factories : WARNING : trying to remove PyNode for maya type 'rdMarkerManip', but could not find an associated PyNode registered
pymel.internal.factories : WARNING : trying to remove PyNode for maya type 'rdDistanceConstraintManip', but could not find an associated PyNode registered
pymel.internal.factories : WARNING : trying to remove PyNode for maya type 'rdFixedConstraintManip', but could not find an associated PyNode registered
pymel.internal.factories : WARNING : trying to remove PyNode for maya type 'rdPinConstraintManip', but could not find an associated PyNode registered
pymel.internal.factories : WARNING : trying to remove PyNode for maya type 'rdPlanManip', but could not find an associated PyNode registered
pymel.internal.factories : WARNING : trying to remove PyNode for maya type 'rdFootManip', but could not find an associated PyNode registered
Computing job with 4 feet...
loco3d: /bin/sh: /sw/packages/external/Ragdoll/2022.12.21/modules/Ragdoll-2022_12_21/shared/unix/loco3d: Permission denied
Failed with 'Solved To Acceptable Level'

Interesting, a few red flags here.

This says the licence is uninstalled, for some reason. Can you still simulate regular Markers after this?

Interesting, can you make sure this file actually exists? It’s an executable, like Maya.

It’s possible, depending on how it was installed, that someone from IT need to change permissions for the file to be executable.

chmod +x /sw/packages/external/Ragdoll/2022.12.21/modules/Ragdoll-2022_12_21/shared/unix/loco3d
1 Like

The file does exist. I’ll reach out to IT and request this upate. I’ll share this Forum Post for their reference!
Thank you, Marcus!

Isai

That did it! Thank you, Marcus :slight_smile: Our Pipeline team seems to have done this, and it worked.

1 Like

Great! I’ll have a look to see if there is anything we could do on our end to avoid this happening in the future. The file should already have the correct permissions, but it’s possible that the installation method or software used to unzip the software changed it. It could also be that we lose it during the packaging process. Will investigate. Thanks for reporting this!