Mouse/keyboard options different from the real shortcuts on Blender bug

Hi there,

I’m making another thread to keep things specific. I have a strange Blender bug since I’ve been using Ragdoll in which the keyboard shortcuts from the Manipulator Help at the top right corner of the window don’t really correspond with the real keyboard shortcuts that I have to use to change the scale rotation or translation of the markers.

I believe that it might be because I changed Blender’s default navigation controls. Zoom in 3d VIEW is alt + mouse wheel for me and shift + drag is pan

• Ctrl + Scale Drag is supposed to be Scale but I have to press Ctrl + Shift Drag

• CTRL + drag is translation instead of just dragging the marker around

This makes things very cumbersome for example:

• To rotate I have to CTRL + select the marker first and then I have to press shift to start rotating while holding the click, so the marker slider sometimes and has a small translation when it should be exclusively rotating.

• In reality to exclusively rotate the marker Ctrl + Alt needs to be pressed

Here’s a screenshot of the helper:

And here’s a screenshot of the shortcuts:

Seems like Shift mouse move is the one that’s not working at all and Ctrl + Alt + Mouse Move is the one corresponding to rotation but it’s not reflected on the Keymap.

It appears to be contextual issue but really can’t tell from the outside, but if ragdoll is capable to update the real shortcuts that are mapped internally on that window I imagine any change to Blender’s keymap would be reflected live on the text. Also things would be a bit easier if the Keymap settings said what these shortcuts are about but all of them said Ragdoll Manipulator

This is true, there are two sets of Manipulator mapping for Ragdoll that depend on the two default keymaps.

• Blender keymap
  • Industry Compatible keymaps

Where Blender uses the middle-mouse for navigation and Industry Compatible uses the Alt-key.

The graphics in the Ragdoll Manipulator only reflects those active when using the Industry Compatible keymap. Your best bet is hiding the help from the viewport and instead relying on the keys here:

If you’ve modified the keys beyond defaults, then the Ragdoll Manipulator view will not reflect this as of yet.

That’s interesting, we haven’t experimented with remapping keys outside of the Manipulator itself. I can’t quite wrap my head around how that would work though, since the Manipulator from Blender’s perspective is just 1 tool that intercepts all keys…

If you are tech-savvy, then the Python source is available here which is the same as in your installation directory.

There’s an especially interesting call here, which handles the remapping ahead of being passed into Ragdoll Core (as of release 2024.06.30).

If you make a change to this, then upon restarting Blender you’d see this reflected in your session.

And if you do find a workable solution, feel free to post it here and I’ll see if we can include this in the next public release.