Ideas and feedback

Hey Marcus.

Here are some ideas a d reporting a bug.

Bug: using locomotion, after I worked out the locomotion steps, i did change the duration of the motion , let say from 90 to 100 and the setup got deleted. Pressed ctrl Z tp undu the operation and did not work.

Ideas:
1- how possible would be to add independent air resitance per Group of Markers?

2- how possible would be to make the scale of the markers animable. Let’s say i have a cylinder and I want that it affects and collides some other markers as it grows in scale. Would it be possible?

Cheers !

Thanks for sharing @Andrei_da_02!

For (1), the closest thing right now is the Translate Damping and Rotate Damping attributes on each Marker. These two together is “air resistance” and each Marker has its own amount. Their values are multiplied by the Air Density attribute on the solver. But having this on the group makes sense! I think this can be part of the next release, if not the one after.

For (2) this will likely never be possibe. :sob: Things cannot change shape during simulation, and scale is another form of changing shape.

Hm, can you reproduce this? Could it be that you accidentally set the range to 0 first, and then to 100? It would clear values past the max value, but should not clear anything other than that. It should also be totally undoable, so let me know if this keeps happening. I’ll try this as soon as I’m back from holiday next week!

1 Like

Hi! I have some idea. We’ve got the fields, but what if I want to use some marker with his custom mesh as the magnet itself? As I understand it is not possible right now. And some groups like overlap groups would be great too. If one marker magnets only specified one and you can control the force. I can see a lot of use cases for this.

Try the “Use Selected As Source”

Can you expand on what you mean here? What should the groups do? There is already the Overlap Group attribute on each Marker, is that what you mean?

1 Like

Groups for the fields. So if I have 3 spheres in the scene but I want sphere A magnet only sphere B, so sphere C ignores magnet forces from sphere A. Is it possible?
Use selected as source - does it work as the whole mesh? Like volume? I mean it works like a center point but I want the marker function like a magnet from the whole mesh.

Yes, you can Use Selected As Source on Sphere A, and then tell Sphere C to Ignore Fields.

Every field is a volume, and fields like the Newton Field will pull (or push) objects towards (or away) from a given point. If you want more points, you can make multiple Newton Fields and put them on each vertex for example. Maybe if you have an example of the effect you’re looking for, I could come up with some way of achieving it using the features already available.

1 Like