GrabDoll

So here we are, newbie here. First question why you made a video using joints, but we have project which made only with nurbs controllers, second one i can’t turn on “manipulator” even if i stay at first frame, third one, pin doesn’t work as expected

i already watch all videos on channel and they basically doesn’t help me at all. Trying to use documentation for now
P.S will try in maya 2023, instead of my current setup with 2020

Hi @gnulinuxkernel, welcome to the forums :partying_face:

This little green line means the simulation has been “cached”.

To re-gain control over the Manipulator, disable the Cache attribute on the rSolver node.

It is turned on automatically after recording if the Auto Cache option is ticked.

Which video do you mean? Do you mean the crab asset here?

1 Like

Thank’s for fast answer, pin worked in maya 2023 suddenly, but maya itself unstable, i will try again. Ya i was talk about crab you show in the video, he was made by joints, now he made by nurbs controllers. without any joints

These are all joints, with a little nicer colors and style to them. :blush:

Let me know if it keeps being unstable, feel free to upload your scene here (as a zip file ideally) and I can take a look.

1 Like

Greetings) can i change mesh just a little bit and make a texture for rendering? I was just check a mesh and it’s cut for many parts, not comfortable with it, but maybe you did that on purpose

Sure can, looking forward to seeing what you do with the crab, I kept it simple to keep file sizes low.

1 Like

I think you may be referring to the slices in the crab body mesh? Yes, this is to help Ragdoll generate more accurate collision meshes. Each slice separates the collision mesh into two, each getting closer to the original input geometry. The more slices you make, the more accurate the results.

If you’re comfortable with the Node Editor, here’s how you can restore the original shape which is still present in history.

1. Select the shape node of the body geometry
  2. Open the Node Editor
  3. Show Input Connections
  4. Connect polyPlanarProj1.outputGroup47999Shape.inMesh

It would produce slightly less accurate contacts for the body, but it is a minor detail and probably wasn’t necessary in the first place.

1 Like

License stop working =(
Screenshot_3

Sorry about that, working on it. :woman_factory_worker:

1 Like

I was able to meet with such beautyfull toolset, about 25 june i was first time see that this software was
even existed and by accident there was a challenge, and i was all in. My project almost done, after spent about 8-10 days to understand the pipeline between Maya/ragdoll/UE. Probably i lost some time on modeling new crab model, because it was hard to select this thin joints on red crab =D, all work was done without even 1 controller, only pure FK joints (sometimes i was help myself with Akeytsu/Cascadeur) for fast posing, but in the end i just think Ragdoll Dynamics able to do this all alone, just need more practice. I need few more hours and then publish all videos that i have! yuhu)))) and btw thank’s for fast answers, i was try to read and understand every peace of this forum. sorry for my english) some dirty screenshots from what i’ve learned last days

1 Like

I’m ready for submit my work! here it is on google drive
Download 4 videos merged in one 53sec/131MB video

or links on separate parts:
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4

1 Like

Fantastic, you made it! :partying_face:

I made some alternative links that can be played here on the forum.

1 Like