Exploding rig

I keep having this recurring problem of when I record animation it kind of destroys the rig :slight_smile: Keys frames are there, but the arm is over there, the head is a million miles away etc.

Its one of those problems that a restart, or changing something in the scene usually fixes it.

Any ideas what it could be ?

1 Like

Heres a GIF of the anim playing. Then I click record anim. And the skeleton becomes all mangled up.

gundamBroken

Yes, I’m 95% certain this is because recording starts when the current time is set to any other frame than the start frame. Can you try standing on the start frame when you record?

I can reproduce this here and will patch this up for the next release. :hear_no_evil:

Hey, I am having the same issue- and in my situation, it’s because we start our shots on frame 1001.
I tested the same animation same settings from shot 0 and it didn’t happen.

In the meantime- going to f 0 (set time) before doing either import or back- fixes this for me.
just FYI, I think it’s worth solving in the next update

Yes, this has been solved and will be part of the next release. Hopefully by end of today :crossed_fingers:

That said, you should still be able to have any Maya start frame. If Maya is set to 1001, and your Solver is set to its default Range Start, then so long as your current time is also set to 1001 then recording should work just fine.

Here for example, start frame is 100 and the current time is also 100. This is OK. Can you confirm whether this works for you?

That said, you should still be able to have any Maya start frame. If Maya is set to 1001, and your Solver is set to its default Range Start , then so long as your current time is also set to 1001 then recording should work just fine.----->

no, it requires current time to be on 0 otherwise it sometimes explodes random ctls on bake

Are you able to make this happen in a new scene? Would it be possible to save one, with a custom start frame and just a Maya polygon box, and upload it here? .zip files can be dropped into a comment. I will investigate.

hi, remember me with this issue?
it keeps happening sometimes but not always- and I think I have a theory
I tried to export a file for you to see the issue but couldn’t (you’ll understand why)

I think it had something to do with something in rd not being refreshed
if I have a scene, I import rd into it, and bake - it happenes .
BUT I found that if rd is already in a saved scene and I open it and than bake- it doesn’t happen.

maybe you can think of a trick to refresh rd better somehow?

A new release was made since then, did you give that a try? Which version are you currently on?

Other than that, it’s very hard to say without an example, a video would be fine.

Yeah it seems to be fixed for me now.