Error loading ragdoll vendor modules

Hello,
I hope it is the right place to post this :stuck_out_tongue:
In the latest version, I have noticed that I got some errors trying to load Ragdoll vendor modules. I tried it on Maya 2018 and 2023.
Not 100% sure if is my environment issue :sweat_smile:

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: KeyError: file C:/Users/Miquel/Documents/maya/modules/Ragdoll-2022_12_20/scripts/ragdoll/vendor/__init__.py line 1: "'__name__' not in globals" //
// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: Failed to run file: C:/Users/Miquel/Documents/maya/modules/Ragdoll-2022_12_20/scripts/ragdoll/vendor/__init__.py //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316:  (__init__) //
// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: No initializePlugin() function
 //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316:  (qargparse) //
// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: No initializePlugin() function
 //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2023/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316:  (qjsonmodel) //

Any ideas?
Thanks!!

Heya, welcome to the forums Miquel! :partying_face:

This is the place, but those are not modules you need to be loading; there is only one module you need which is ragdoll.mll on Windows, ragdoll.so on Linux and ragdoll.bundle on MacOS.

It will load other vendor modules as it needs them.

Can you let me know what steps I can take to reproduce the errors you got?

1. Launch Maya (with no auto-loading of Ragdoll)
  2. Open Plug-in Manager
  3. …?
1 Like

I see, so is only the .mll what I need :sweat_smile:

I guess is my bad trying to load the other modules :stuck_out_tongue:
Here is how it looks on my PC:

2023-02-08_17h44_04

Ah yes, great. Loading the first one works as expected.

As a side-note, the others aren’t intended to be exposed in the Plug-in Manager. They are there because cmdx needs to be globally accessible to support undo/redo. :sweat:

1 Like

thanks for the confirmation :slight_smile: