Snakey Project

Haha, that bird was very unexpected. :joy: Looks really good. Bummer the rig controls are a bit offset from the mesh, makes the collisions appear not 100% true to the physics.

Huh? Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing in your Constraints menu?

For this, it’s possible to have Ragdoll pull on your snake controls along the XZ plane only, and let gravity and contacts manage the Y translation. If you give each control a Pin Constraint, and then set Translate Stiffness Y = 0.

That way, the snake would follow the animation without getting pulled under. Gravity would make sure it sticks to the ground in a more natural way.

1 Like

Thank you Marcus , good point I missed in on the playblast/presentation. That’s why is great to show stuff. !

The answer is yes, the asset has Controls riding with the Body 1:1 I will include that video on the post to make it more clear.

Those controls that are offset , they are part of the System/layers to control - edit and transfer the animations of the asset, I did not turn on the Body controls/ or Markers controls for the playblast. Will show in the next round !
This Snake has several layers of controls, organized on a way that the animation can be edit, polish or bake…

About the Attach constraint menu, I will post a pick (Maybe I am still with and older version)

Thanks a gain , your feedback is very appreciated

Cheers!

videos added…

:nerd_face:

hey gang !!!

took me long… but I made it !!!

here’s the Demo of the asset

happy holidays and Merry Christmas…!!! this was my last push of the year !!!
See you next year with more…!!

Thanks for watching and all the collaboration!

1 Like

Awesome! Where can I buy it!? :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you Sr !!!
soon I will release it, but I can share it with you not a problem! happy to do it

Still have to do some house keeping on the file and nodes and then figure the best way to release it…

It will be fantastic to find a TD or rigger that want to script this out and create a tool…