Python is requesting input

Thanks for this. I ran the script before loading “ragdoll.so”. There are no longer any of the “QObject::” errors in the terminal, however the dialogue box still came up.

This time there was a message in the script editor that reads “Enter username for Please enter your domain credentials to continue at proxy-a.*****.com:####:” -which is interesting - I enter my username.
Then the terminal asks for a the password. I input my password. It seems to be stuck here :confused:

It’s strange because it doesn’t happen with maya2022. Is it still ragdoll? Or should I invoke someone from tech to take a look?

Just for curiosity I also tried loading without running the script beforehand - The python window comes up. Errors in the terminal. I enter my username. Maya crashes.

Oh oh oh! A clue! So, this is interesting. Here’s what must be happening.

1. Plug-in is loaded
  2. Plug-in asks for internet, to check for updates (it doesn’t yet know the computer is offline)
  3. Maya then attempts to connect on behalf of the plug-in
  4. The OS then attempts to connect on behalf of Maya
  5. The OS says “you can, but there’s a proxy with a password”
  6. Maya 2020 doesn’t know how to handle this (but 2022 does), and dies a painful death

To prove this theory is correct, then here’s something you can try, without Ragdoll:

try:
    from urllib import request
except ImportError:
    import urllib as request  # py2

request.urlopen("https://google.com")
# Bam!
1 Like

Ha ha! Success
:slight_smile: I’m very happy thank you

I can make you happier, once I make Ragdoll not crash for you. :slight_smile: This internet request is non-essential, we only use it to check for updates in the Asset Library. I’ll make a new release with another flag to bypass this altogether for situations like yours. Thanks for jumping through these hoops and helping us find this bug! :partying_face:

1 Like

Alright, we’ve added one more flag to completely bypass any use of urllib which apparently Maya has trouble with when the active network is running under a proxy.

Ragdoll 2022.12.20

import os
os.environ["RAGDOLL_SKIP_UPDATE_CHECK"] = "Yep"

Let me know how it goes!

Works like a charm. The python window no longer appears when loading Ragdoll.
Thank you!

1 Like