Here’s a listing of all currently available tutorials. Safe to say that if you’ve taken the time to run through these, you’ll be a Ragdoll connoisseur!
An early series when “Markers” were just introduced. Most of it is still relevant today, the main exception being some of the attribute names having changed.
- Markers 101
- Markers 101 - Key Concepts
- Markers 101 - Local and World
- Overlapping Motion I
- Overlapping Motion II
- Full Ragdoll I
- Full Ragdoll II
- Full Ragdoll III
- IK I
- IK II
- IK III
- Practical Example I
- Replace Reference Workflow
The go-to whenever someone is about to embark on the Learning-Ragdoll journey. These are kept up-to-date alongside updates to the software.
Tips and Tricks
Shorter, project-based examples of how to achieve specific things in specific situations. These are located right here on the forum, under the Tips and Tricks category!
- When stiffness stops having an effect
- Perpetual Walk Cycle
- Organise Markers in Object Sets
- Automatically Resolve Intersections
- Heart Beat with Translate Motion
- Managing Self-Collisions
- Detailed Collision Meshes
- Recording with From Start vs. From Retargeting
- Closed Loop
- More Bounce
- Assigning and Environment
- Characters in a Car
- Pose Stiffness and Damping on a Car Door
- Working with Locked Channels
The release notes contain a wealth of information - everything ever added gets their first pass of documentation here - so if you haven’t dug through them already, I invite you now!
To name just a few:
On occasion, me and Jason heads to YouTube to showcase new things or to dive a little deeper into details that can make or break an animation performance.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/RagdollDynamics/videos
The perhaps most obvious candidate for help is the main documentation - easy to miss!
- Import Physics
- Record Simulation
- Snap to Simulation
- Level Of Detail
These were the ones I was able to dig up.
- If you know more, please post here.
- If you want more, suggest a topic here.